We are very happy to announce that we have released Prime Mover version 1.1.5 today. It marks an important milestone in the plugin as it now uses its own archiving format – WPRIME archiving format.
WPRIME archiving format is a derivative of the native Linux Tarball extension which is known for its stability and performance as an archiving format. This file extension is solely designed for Prime Mover archives.
All of the plugin important features remain supported, even the old zip format is still supported when you restore old backups. But you can no longer create zip backups or zip archives. From version 1.1.5, all archiving file format will now be using WPRIME file format.
Below are the final plugin change log for version 1.1.5:
- Feature: Added new WPRIME archiving format for stability and better performance.
- Feature: Added support for encrypting plugin and theme files.
- Usability: Improved archiving and restoration performance by eliminating unneeded processes.
- Usability: Use bytes when reporting archiving and restoration progress instead of files count.
- Fixed: Encrypted packages handling in free versions.
- Fixed: Fixed HEAD request timeout when fetching packages.
- Fixed: Compatibility with WordPress 5.5
- Fixed: Archiving errors with PHP 7.4.
- Fixed: Use streams when copying very large files.
- Fixed: Allow temp directory deletion to be retryable.
What should I need to know?
- WPRIME file format is not like zip format. So you should not be able to check it’s contents, extract manually or access any files. It is not recommended to use any third party tools to open this file and edit. It can corrupt the package and you should not be able to restore it.
- Prime Mover automatically checks corrupted archives. You don’t need to worry if your package is corrupted or not. Prime Mover will check it automatically when you restore it.
- The easiest way to check if WPRIME format is corrupted is to upload it to your export directory (which you can see in Prime Mover -> Packages). If Prime Mover will not be able to detect it, then you have corrupted WPRIME package.
- Starting in version 1.1.5, we fixed a bug that you are able to restore an encrypted package using free version. This should not be the case, as restoring encrypted package is a premium feature.
- If you are using PRO version, the plugin and theme files are now automatically encrypted as well if you choose to create encrypted packages.
- We are planning to ramp up the marketing efforts for this plugin. This plugin is now one-year old and undergone major changes/improvements to its stability/performance. We still have not pushed any marketing yet and we will do it next.
- We are working on new features commonly requested by multisite users such as to backup and restore the main site.
Found a bug or suggest something?
Please report to us via contact page or the plugin contact us form if you see something is not working after you update the plugin. Or if you have a suggestion to improve this plugin.
Again thank you for using Prime Mover as your migration and backup/restoration tool in WordPress.