Scope: Prime Mover Free / Pro version
IMPORTANT : If you are using Prime Mover Pro for the first-time , please read this get started guide first.
This tutorial applies for both Prime Mover Free and Pro Version. This teach you how to migrate your WordPress single-site installation to a multisite installation. The target site installation could reside in a different server or your localhost.
Preparations in Multisite
- Install the latest version of Prime Mover plugin.
- Login as network administrator and network activate.
- Optionally opt-in to Freemius notifications.
- Go to Network Sites.
- Click Add New to add new site.
- Enter all details to enter the new site (Site Title, Site Address, email, etc.)
- When it’s done , click Add Site. You have now created a blank site for which you need to import your single-site.
- Click Edit Site link.
- Take note of the edit site URL and get the blog ID. (e.g. site-info.php?id=3, the blog ID in this example is 3.
- Alternatively, you can also get the blog ID in Network Sites -> All Site.
- Make sure to take note of this blog ID because you will need this when creating the multisite package.
Create a multisite package in your single-site
- Login to your WordPress single-site installation.
- Activate latest version of Prime Mover plugin. This should be exactly same version as the one used in your multisite.
- Optionally opt-in to Freemius notifcations.
- Go to Tools – Migration Tools.
- Click Export.
- Choose Export Options ( in this example , we export everything (dB, media, plugins / themes )
- Under Export to Multisite
- Check Export to Multisite format checkbox.
- Now enter the blog ID of the multisite sub-site created in the previous section. Enter only in integer format, the plugin will validate this and won’t accept any non-integer values.
- Click Export Now. Wait until the export is completed. This process can take time depending on the size of your website.
- When its all done, the package will be downloaded to your computer. (for free versions).
Restoring a multisite package
- Login to your multisite as network administrator.
- Go to Network Sites, find the site that will be imported into under Import Site column, click the corresponding Restore button.
- If the package is correct for the site, it will show a confirmation dialog. Please review the information to make sure its correct for your site.
- Proceed to the import. This process can take time depending on the size of your package.